A huge proportion of consumers consult peer reviews via social media and apps before making a purchase which is rapidly changing the profile of wine drinkers and key influencers in the wine industry.
The People’s Choice Wine Awards will appeal directly to the ‘modern wine drinker’.
This is a golden opportunity for suppliers and producers to learn what people really think about their wine with unique categories which reflect the buying decisions of the average consumer and cover every type of wine and occasion.
The judges will be from a wide cross section of wine buyers which represent the make-up of current UK society.
The competition will focus on:
- Food friendly wine
- Easier to understand wine terminology
- Sustainable and organic production
- A more modern and inclusive approach to the way we talk about wine
- Use of social media to review and share great wine stories
- Why people buy wine (which occasion, lifestyle choices and convenience)
The People’s Choice Wine Awards starts with the consumer, rather than them being at the end of the process, building an audience from the launch of the competition which will ultimately feed through to a ready-made group of interested buyers when the Award winners are announced.
In brief we offer:
- Your chance to be part of a modern, exciting and innovative consumer focused wine awards
- Shortlisted and winning wines profiled on the PCWA website with a hyperlink to the producer or supplier site to aid sales
- Social media listings of shortlisted wines in the pre-Christmas run up (shortlist announced in early November)
- Opportunity to attend the informal awards ceremony in Manchester on 25th February 2019, hosted by prominent consumer wine industry champions. The event will be live-streamed over the internet and will be attended by both trade visitors, judges and consumers
- A shiny award for your trophy cabinet!
- A limited edition signed print by Tony Husband, representing the specific award category, for the winning producers
- Opportunity to access artwork and stickers to promote your shortlisting or win to boost sales and raise awareness
- Support from Round 2 Ambassadors to promote all winning wines on social media
- Winning wines to be showcased at consumer wine events in 2019 with an opportunity to present at these events and meet consumers
- Dedicated national PR campaign with heavy emphasis on social media marketing to promote the competition, shortlisted and winning wines
- Sponsorship opportunities to raise your profile further
The entry fee is £50 per wine.